Q1. Tell me more about HCL Technologies?
HCL Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products and services are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships. HCL also takes pride in its many diversity, social responsibility, sustainability, and education initiatives. Through its worldwide network of R&D facilities and co-innovation labs, global delivery capabilities, and over 176,000+ ‘employees across 50 countries, HCL delivers holistic services across industry verticals to leading enterprises, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
HCL began its business operations in Vietnam in July 2020 and is committed to deliver technological solutions to fortune 500 clients across several industry verticals including Manufacturing, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Retail, Hitech, Banking, Financial Service, Insurance (BFSI), Energy & Utilities, Logistics, Telecom, Automotive, Aerospace, Media, Publishing, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Public Services.
Q2. What is HCL’s TechBee Program?
TechBee – HCL’s Early Career Program is an exclusive job program for individuals looking for full time jobs after completing Class XII (high school graduation after grade 12 exams). Candidates undergo 12-month training for entry-level IT jobs. On successful completion of training, candidates are employed in full-time hi-tech career roles with HCL.
Q3. Who is eligible to apply for HCL’s TechBee Program?
The eligibility criteria for enrolling in TechBee is as follows:
- Any resident student of Vietnam who has successfully graduated from High School (Grade 12) in 2020 or 2021
- Student holds a High school graduation certificate or its equivalent
- The students must be 16 years+ of age to be employed on Fixed term Contract with HCL Vietnam (For candidates who are less than 18 years of age, parental consent is required)
Q4. What is the selection process for this program?
Selection into the hiring and training program is on a merit-basis. You will perform a mandatory online examination, and upon successfully passing, would be eligible for the first round of interviews.
We use an exclusive selection process to hire the best and brightest high school graduates. Each candidate interested in the TechBee program will be selected on the grounds of academic track record, passing year, online test scores and other parameters. Any individuals who meet the required criteria will be contacted personally and assisted to complete their enrolment into the Program.
Q5. What is the total duration of the program?
The total program duration of the program is 12 months, divided into 6 months of classroom training and 6 months of On-the-Job training.
Q6. What kind of training will the candidates undergo as part of the TechBee Program?
The program is designed to prepare candidates for full-time jobs in 12 months
- IT Foundation– Classroom training equips candidates with IT fundamentals, a pre-requisite for IT professionals.
- Training for the job– Access to interactive job- based Learning management System (LMS), Simulations, Case based Practical Curriculum, Peer-based discussions, Performance and life coaches’ tools.
- Internship –Hands-on experience in HCL global projects, that prepare TechBees’ to be IT professionals besides technology specific IT certifications
Q7. What is the fee structure for the TechBee Program?
The total fee for the TechBee program is 46,200,000 VND + VAT , if applicable.
Q8. What will be the salary package at HCL after completion of the HCL TechBee Program?
After successful completion of the HCL TechBee program, the candidates will be employed at HCL Vietnam on Fixed Term Contract with a starting gross salary of 68,000,000 VND per annum.
Q9. What are the other benefits offered by HCL Vietnam to employees?
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 100% full salary-based insurance (Social; Health and Unemployment) according to Vietnam Labour Law
- 100% of salary & benefits as official employees from the 1st day of the employment
- Fixed 13-month salary package and Variable performance bonuses
- 18 paid leaves per year (including 12 annual leaves, 6 personal leaves, not including public holidays)
- Meal allowance per month
- Premium medical benefit (24/7 Bao Viet Insurance package) and family medical benefit (based on level of experience)
- Chance to travel onsite (in 49 countries)
- Internal Training (Technical, Functional and English)
- Free snacks and refreshment
- Working in a fast-paced, flexible, and global working environment
- Working time: 08:30 AM – 06:00 PM from Monday to Friday with NO WORKING on Saturdays
- Getting trained on new age technologies like AI/ML/IOT/5G/Blockchain/Cyber Security and be ready for global Hitech roles
Q10. Will I get paid during the training?
Candidates will be paid 2,310,000 VND per month for the entire duration of the on-the-job training.
Q11. Where will the candidates be trained?
All the training sessions will be conducted In the classroom environment and /or online mode.
Q12. Who do I get in touch with to seek clarifications and further guidance?
Q13. Does HCL provide the course material?
Yes, candidates will receive all the study materials for the training program. They also have access to best-in-class Learning Management System, an online system, that fosters learning with peer-based discussions, online assessments, assignments and case-based submissions.
Q14. What stream will the candidates receive? Will the candidate get to choose the stream he/she wants to pursue?
The below streams are offered:
- Develop Applications
- Software Engineer
- Testing Engineer
- Products & Application
- Detecting Bugs & Running Diagnostics of Software Applications
- Research & Development
- Design Engineer
- Product & Application Design
- Infrastructure Management
- Web Server Deployment
- Process Automation
- Security Policy Implementation
Based on the candidate’s performance in the initial months, he/she will be tagged to a specific stream. It is the prerogative of HCL Counsellors to choose the right stream for the candidates taking into consideration the candidate’s background and interests.
Q15. What kind of jobs do the candidates get after this program?
Candidates will be placed in IT engineer job – development / testing/support roles
Q16. Is the job at HCL Vietnam guaranteed upon enrolment to the program?
The job that HCL Vietnam offers is solely dependent on the successful completion of this training program. On successful completion, HCL assures that a suitable job is offered to the candidate.